Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Sample Python Notebook

lphw000
In [2]:
print ("Hello World!")
print ("Hello Again")
print ("I like typing this.")
print ("This is fun.")
print ('Yay! Printing.')
print ("I'd much rather you 'not'.")
print ('I "said" do not touch this.')
Hello World!
Hello Again
I like typing this.
This is fun.
Yay! Printing.
I'd much rather you 'not'.
I "said" do not touch this.
In [3]:
# A comment, this is so you can read your program later.
# Anything after the # is ignored by python.

print ("I could have code like this.") # and the comment after is ignored

# You can also use a comment to "disable" or comment out a piece of code:
# print "This won't run."

print ("This will run.")
I could have code like this.
This will run.
In [6]:
print ("I will now count my chickens:")
print ("Hens", 25 + 30 / 6)
print ("Roosters", 100 - 25 * 3 % 4)
print ("Now I will count the eggs:")
print (3 + 2 + 1 - 5 + 4 % 2 - 1 / 4 + 6)
print ("Is it true that 3 + 2 < 5 - 7?")
print (3 + 2 < 5 - 7)
print ("What is 3 + 2?", 3 + 2)
print ("What is 5 - 7?", 5 - 7)
print ("Oh, that's why it's False.")
print ("How about some more.")
print ("Is it greater?", 5 > -2)
print ("Is it greater or equal?", 5 >= -2)
print ("Is it less or equal?", 5 <= -2)
I will now count my chickens:
Hens 30.0
Roosters 97
Now I will count the eggs:
6.75
Is it true that 3 + 2 < 5 - 7?
False
What is 3 + 2? 5
What is 5 - 7? -2
Oh, that's why it's False.
How about some more.
Is it greater? True
Is it greater or equal? True
Is it less or equal? False
In [ ]:
filename = "sample.txt"
txt = open(filename)

print ("Here's your file %r:" % filename)
print (txt.read())

print ("Type the filename again:")
file_again = input("? ")

txt_again = open(file_again)

print (txt_again.read())
Here's your file 'sample.txt':
The king beneath the mountain,
The king of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountain,
Shall come unto his own.

Type the filename again:
In [ ]:
 

No comments: